Friday, September 24, 2010

Focus

If you ask my kids common things they hear from me I'm sure one would be, "Focus". Specifically reminding them to focus on the task they are currently doing.

My focus is often swayed by the time of year and my kids activities. This blog truly seems to reflect that. At times it alive with posts and other times it silently sits, waiting until I decide I can return. It's not that I don't have lots of ideas to write about, just a matter of when I feel like I can focus here.

Here's a little of where our focus has been lately.


Family History

Karebear had to fill out a seven generation pedigree chart for her Honors English class. Along with this she had to do a paper on one of our first relatives to come to America. It's good thing our extended family has done a lot of family history work.




Greek Mythology
Jolly J just finished studying the Greek goddess Demeter.
We made a poster and she had a presentation in class.


(I guess blurry is what you sometimes get when kids take the camera to school)





Soccer





Minnie has enjoyed her first season of soccer. Having two playing this year has really kept us hopping between games and practices.





Bubble Gum

Tator learned how to blow a bubble!



Our Garden
Specifically canning and drying. 

 Mom's biggest helpers


  We have dried peaches and pears. 
We canned spaghetti sauce, pickles and 
I even attempted salsa for the first time.



Dishes 

Canning really makes them pile up. A big kudos to my husband who is ever willing to pinch hit whenever and wherever and keeps the never ending dish pile clean.




State Fair
I love it when the weekend rolls around! While it's often still busy, it's a different kind of busy. A welcome break from the monotomy of the week.

Last weekend we visited the state fair. I couldn't help snap a picture of this three year old steer. It's not every day you get to see one this big, let one touch one.




Contrast that with this 1 week old calf which was much more to Bud Boy's liking. 




This piglet just made me smile. How many times have my own kids fallen asleep while eating.













I hope you have something fun to focus on this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed the fair again this year. I really wanted to take Doug and go see Boyz II Men for only the $7 entrance fee! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...